The idea of having low calorie meals is that you won’t have to count calories at all. This way you can feel confident that your meals will be healthy and delicious regardless of how many calories they contain. Of course, you need to watch how much of those calories you take in. This is where the “apa chia” diet comes in.
The “apa chia” term refers to a particular variety of low calorie meals created by the late Dr. Arthur Agatston. These recipes have been around for quite some time and were originally created by a South African runner. They consist mainly of unprocessed vegetables such as spinach, tomatoes, black beans, Lima beans and peas. To make them, a blender is used to puree the foods. Since most diets have their own recipes, you might not be able to find this kind of blender in your local grocery store. However, if you have a food processor, then it should be no problem to create these recipes at home.
If you want to learn how to make low calorie meals at home, but don’t really know which recipes are healthy and which aren’t, I would suggest using a search engine to look up some of the healthier recipes. There are plenty to choose from, but most people simply use the low calorie meal ideas that we have looked at above. That being said, here are some suggestions for the other half of the population:
* Healthy Comfort Food – Slow cooker meals have a tendency to have slightly less calories than other main dishes, but since most people who slow cook are eating healthy anyway, it isn’t a huge deal. For this reason, you can usually find low calorie versions of the main dishes you enjoy. Chicken breast with rice is one example. It has fewer calories than many versions of cream beef, and while there are plenty of versions of steak, chicken and fish that have less than one hundred calories per serving, they usually have much less fat than the real thing. In addition, you can always throw in some veggies and a little bit of protein for a complete low carb meal.
* Main Dish – Probably the most common place you see low calorie meals, or at least the one most people eat them, is the dining room table. Since the main course is usually the largest part of any meal, it also has the highest number of calories. Buffet style meals with lots of vegetables and a salad can have up to three hundred calories. If you are making a whole family meal, think about what you might need to prepare for side dishes as well. Even if you only save twenty calories by making these meals in a slow cooker, you could end up with more problems than you had to begin with. A good idea is to set aside a portion of the slow cooker meal that is acceptable for soups and side dishes, and put that in first as the evening’s meal.
* Easy Recipes – There are plenty of healthy recipes for things like chicken, pork, and turkey that you can find in cookbooks, on the Internet, and even on your favorite television network. These recipes often use healthy ingredients that you can easily find. As an example, you can buy ham hocks in the health food aisle of your regular grocery store and use them to make a ham-and-cheese sandwich. You can also cook a healthy chicken parmesan on the grill instead of frying. These recipes are so easy to follow and execute that you will not feel like you are cheating when you make them.
* Recipe Cards – Some restaurants and catering companies offer freebie meals and sample menus to their customers. This allows you to try out various options before you order your meal. Most recipe cards will have separate sections for low calorie, low fat, and low carb meals. You will know what foods to order ahead of time and have complete control over how much you eat. If you want to avoid counting calories all you have to do is take the special menu card home, print it out, and then use it at the restaurant. All you have to do is pay for it with your credit card and then pick the foods you like to eat from the menu.
* Recipe Books & Online Resources – There are plenty of healthy recipes available for you to try out. In fact, there are literally thousands of low calorie meal recipes that you can find online, both for free and paid services. You can make a low-calorie meal for just five dollars or less by making it at home instead of buying ready-made items. There are also many recipe books available from your local library that contains hundreds of different recipes for all types of foods. They are easy to find and contain detailed instructions to make every dish you could possibly imagine.